Emilie’s, an exciting new restaurant concept by 2018 Food & Wine Best Chef Kevin Tien coming to the Eastern Market/Capitol Hill area, is seeking PASTRY COOKS to join our opening team!
We are looking for fast learning, experienced pastry prep cooks and bakers with a background in cakes, cookies, tarts, ice creams and other pastry production to round out our AM prep team Tuesday-Saturday. This is a full-time position with incredible room for growth.
Applicants must be able to perform the following:
– Answer, report and follow instructions from the Pastry Chef, and Executive Chef
– Cook and prepare all menu items in accordance with standards set by the Pastry Chef
– Responsible for pastry and dessert production
– Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment
– Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specification
– Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers, reach-in coolers, and all storage areas
– Must have a reliable form of transportation
– Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs and work for extended periods of time on their feet.
– Experience in bread baking is a plus, but not a requirement
Ideal candidates will have:
A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant kitchen experience and/or a culinary degree w/ a focus on pastry
A great attitude, flexibility as we grow as a team, and an eagerness to learn the business from the ground up.
In return, we offer competitive pay and a benefits package that includes free health care(dental and vision included) for full-time employees, as well as discounts, employee incentive programs and major holidays off.
Those with a habit of being 5 mins late need not apply.
Interested and Qualified individuals please complete the form below and include your resume. No phone calls, please.